Pemiscot Dunklin Electric Cooperative 83rd Annual Meeting
- Justin Rone - 483 * Elected
- Steve Droke - 416 * Elected
- Danny Williams - 234
- Steve Worrell - 469 * Elected
- Mary Davidson - 163
We would like to Congratulate Justin Rone, Steve Droke and Steve Worrell on their election and thank Danny Williams and Mary Davidson for their participation in the Cooperative Democratic process!
83rd Annual Membership Meeting - July 22nd, 2021
To comply with social distancing requirements, the Cooperative has implemented changes to the traditional format of the meeting. See below for details.
Pemiscot-Dunklin Electric Cooperative will conduct its Annual Membership Meeting on July 22, 2021, at the American Legion Building and adjacent Delta Fairgrounds, in Kennett, Missouri, for the following purposes:
- To hear the reports of the Cooperative for the previous year. To comply with social distancing requirements, these reports will be included with the notice and approval will be included as part of electronic voting.
- To elect three directors, one from each district, to serve for a term of three years. The candidates are:
Candidates nominated by the Nominating Committee:
CANDIDATE NAME DISTRICT Justin Rone One Steve Droke Two Steve Worrell Three
Candidates nominated by Petition:
CANDIDATE NAME DISTRICT Justin Rone One Steve Droke Two Danny Williams Two Steve Worrell Three Mary Davidson Three
- Any other business that may come before the meeting.
Voting times will be 7 AM until 1 PM. Voting will be conducted via drive-thru at the Delta Fairgrounds adjacent to the American Legion Building. See the following page for voting information and a map of traffic flow. Election results will be posted after 1 pm on the Cooperative’s website and Facebook page. The business meeting will begin at 11 am in the American Legion Building and will be live streamed on the Cooperative's Facebook page.
Keith Jones, Secretary-Treasurer
VOTING PROCEDURE FOR THE 2021 PEMISCOT-DUNKLIN ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING
- There will not be an indoor public meeting. All voting will be conducted in a drive-thru. Members will vote without leaving their vehicles. See map below for traffic flow.
- There will be two tents set up: one for registration, one for voting. See map below for the tent locations.
- There will be a designated campaign area for candidates and their representatives. See map below for location of the designated campaign area. Candidates and their representatives must remain at least 20 feet away from vehicles in line to vote.
The annual meeting of the members shall be held at such time and place within the area served by the Cooperative, as shall be selected by the board of directors and which shall be designated in the notice of the meeting, for the purpose of electing directors, passing upon reports for the previous fiscal year and transacting such other business as may come before the meeting. It shall be the same responsibility of the board of directors to make adequate plans and preparations for the annual meeting. Failure to hold the annual meeting at the designated time shall not work a forfeiture or dissolution of the Cooperative.
Section 4. Nominations
It shall be the duty of the board of directors to appoint, not less than twenty-five days nor more than ninety days before the date of the meeting of the members at which directors are to be elected, a committee on nominations consisting of not less than five nor more than eleven members who shall be selected from different sections so as to insure equitable representation. No member of the board of directors may serve on such committee. The committee, keeping in mind the principal of geographical representation, shall prepare and post at the principal office of the Cooperative at least thirty (30) days before the meeting a list of nominations for directors which may include a greater number of candidates than are to be elected. Any fifteen or more members acting together may make other nominations by petition not less than thirty (30) days prior to the meeting and the Secretary shall post such nominations at the same place where the list of nominations made by the committee is posted. The Secretary shall mail with the notice of the meeting or separately, but at least seven (7) days before the date of the meeting, a statement of the number of directors to be elected and the names and addresses of the candidates, specifying separately the nominations made by the committee on nominations and also the nominations made by petition, if any.